Monday, September 2, 2013

Letterpress Restoration: Professional Help

Monday, September 2

Through a few connections, I was able to contact a professional letterpress printer in Kansas City. It turns out that he has an up an running press just like the one I am working on! The plan now is to make a trip to his studio this coming Friday to get a feel for how one should actually run; as well as briefly chat with him about letterpress printing. Wow, such a great opportunity ahead of me, I greatly look forward to my visit later this week. He also suggested that I do some research on these websites before I come: http://www.briarpress.org/ & http://vandercookpress.info/vanderblog/

It will be a perfect weekend to visit his studio as First Friday's at the Crossroads will be taking place. He suggested that I stop in another printing place that will be open for the event, a former employee works there. I look forward to it!

Next stop: looking at the suggested websites to hopefully familiarize myself with letter press printing and answering questions from my last post. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment