Sunday, October 11, 2015

Progress and more to come

The restoration process is slowing plugging along. I have taken apart the Vandercook Universal and am still stumped as to what the main problem is in regards to the cylinder not revolving all the way back past the ink drum. I know there is a piece broken on this gear that assists with the trip but I am not convinced that is what's causing all of the problems. Tomorrow morning I will be meeting with a few electricians who are going to look over the motor to see what they can do!

I have found some neat "accidental" art within the skeleton of the Vandercook Universal after many years of use. Quite pleasant surprises!

The Potter is coming together nicely, I recently removed a lot of the deep rust. This one just needs a clear rust prevention coat, some oil, and packing and it will be ready to go!

I am gradually getting parts ordered for the presses, after the electrician meeting tomorrow, I feel that there will be a better understanding as how the rest of the restorations will proceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment