Tuesday, April 29, 2014

PSU Studio Critique: Critique 4

For the final critique I will be presenting all of the pieces that I have had in progress through the semester, in finished form. A few of the pieces will be completed in the next few days.

Class Projects

Jewelry:
For my etched earrings, I only need to make and attach the hooks. The etching was a very slow process over a period of about two weeks. I watched the pieces very carefully as I did not want a repeat of the first attempt. The tiger's eye stones are set.





The sword shaped fibula is completely soldered, I just need to put a liver-of-sulfur patina on it.

Toy Design: 
I have all three of my Nature-To-Go boxes completed and ready for the toy sale on Thursday. The 3D printed Building Sticks turned out perfectly!




Personal Project

Topic of Bipolar:
The piece in it's entirety is complete and is titled "Mind in a Wheelchair: My Mother." This is a 6 word story connected to a functional object, being the medicine cabinet, and is an assignment for my 3D design class. I filled the pill bottles with many different objects, attached images to and wrote on the cabinet, and arranged all of the elements in a particular way.

No comments:

Post a Comment